The Strathcona Lodges (formerly Bell Tower Suites) opened in 2017 and occupy a characterful building in its own right that is located only 50 metres from Glencoe House.
Strathcona Lodges No.10,11,13&14 have between 75 and 85 sq m of living space and all suites include a private walled garden with hot tub and alfresco dining area. The Strathcona Lodges are fully self-catering.However, we would be happy to provide recommendations for local shops and nearby restaurants. The Strathcona Lodges have a modern country look and feel, which is fitting for our Highland location. To see for yourself, please click on the arrow below to view a short video of the lodges.
The Strathcona Lodges at a glance:
- One bedroom self-catering suite over two floors (approx 75 sqm)
- Kitchen with Range Oven and Villeroy & Boch china and crockery
- Fully stocked fridge to prepare your own breakfast
- Flexible dining with a freezer stocked with pre-prepared gourmet meals
- Dining table
- Maxi bar including a range of soft drinks, wines and single malt whisky’s
- Comfortable sitting room with wood burning stove
- Two SMART TVs, DVD Player
- Free WIFI
- Extravagant bathroom with bath, a free standing shower with twin shower heads, custom made Villeroy and Boch wash stand and bath together with luxury toiletries
- Bedroom with emperor size bed on the first floor and walk in wardrobe (please note twin beds are not possible nor additional beds). For health and safety reasons, no children are permitted to stay in The Strathcona Lodges.
- A decked private walled garden with planters and flowers
- Alfresco dining area
- Private hot tub
The Sitting Room
The comfortable sitting rooms of the Strathcona Lodges are corrie at its best with a wood burning stove that gives a warming glow and adds to the peaceful feel of the lodge. Sit back, put your feet up and enjoy a Nespresso coffee or a drink from the maxi bar and step away from the world for a while. Our SMART TVs let you stream your favourite series or you can watch a DVD. If there is no escape from work, the sitting room has an elegant desk together with free WIFI that allows you to keep in touch.
The privacy of the lodge is enhanced by the fully equipped kitchen complete with Range Oven, Dualit kettle and toaster and full-sized dining room table. Dining in will mean you won’t be disturbed by fellow guests or wait staff. The lodges are fully catered for although meals are not formally served. Breakfast is included in the room rate and the fridge is full of goodies so all you need to do is decide if you prefer locally sourced smoked salmon, a full Scottish breakfast or a continental alternative. Then just prepare your breakfast when you have decided it’s time to roll out of your Emperor size bed. And remember, no-one will know if you are still in your pyjamas at lunch time!
For dinner relax in your suite and delve into your fully stocked freezer for one of our gourmet meals. Choose from a range of meat or vegetarian dishes. Simply slip them into the oven and choose your accompanying wine or drinks from our ever-popular maxi bar.
The bedroom occupies the first floor has an Emperor sized bed for utmost comfort and relaxation. The spacious wardrobe allows you to bring a full range of clothing, so you are always prepared for the unpredictable Scottish weather. The bedroom also has a SMART TV, if you want to catch up on the latest news in the morning. For convenience, the bedroom has an en-suite WC and hand basin with Highland Soap Company hand wash.
The main bathroom is on the ground floor and has an extravagantly large shower with twin Hansgrohe Rain Dance shower heads – no need to fight over who showers first. The lavish bathroom is enriched by the slate Villeroy and Boch washstand and bath so all you need to do is relax.
The Private Terrace
All lodges have their own decked walled garden area where you can comfortably sit and relax. The prospect of having breakfast outdoors is always a treat, weather permitting, of course. For the ultimate indulgence, however, nothing beats watching the stars from the privacy of your own hot tub.